Monday, January 3, 2011

No Experience? No Problem!

I have no actual work experience. I have yet to be in the workforce and that scares me. Every time I get a job application I think what will this employer think of me without any past work experience. Will he even think of giving me an interview? Lifehacker's Adam Dachis gives a couple of tips for those of us who are missing that experience.

"Past jobs have always helped inform my choices at future jobs, and none of the experience was ever useless. If you have experience in something, that may be all you need," says Dachis.


He suggests getting the experience you want or need by just getting out into the world and getting it. He says if web designing is what you want to do, make a few mock Web sites. Want to be a writer? Whip up some posts on a blog. There tons of blogging services like Blogger or Tumblr to start.


If you are like me and have no work experience, just do what you love and eventually you'll get all the experience you need to get your dream job.